If you’ve been following me for a while, you know that I’ve had a lot of success with Facebook Ads and have grown several business ventures to the multi-million dollar mark by figuring out how to make ads go viral very quickly.
Instagram, however, is quickly catching up as a “must-have” for marketing efforts for both small businesses and big brands.
It is estimated that more than 400 million people use Instagram monthly. If that’s accurate, that makes Instagram even bigger than Twitter!
Here are a few things you should know about using Instagram as a major part of your marketing strategy:
- Hootsuite estimates that more than 70 million photos are shared every day on Instagram. That’s proof that people are ACTIVE there. They are not posting and x’ing out. They are staying, browsing and engaging.
- One study showed that engagement on Instagram with major brands is 120 times higher than it is on Twitter. Your potential clients are there; you just need to target them.
- With the social media landscape bombarded with advertisements, Instagram is a fantastic way to give your tribe a consistent, behind the scenes look at your company. People love a good story and they like to feel connected to something bigger than themselves. Instagram allows you to give your customers a bird’s eye view and to invite them into your world without old school “push and pray” sales tactics.
There is a lot of money to be made here. Here again, is the step by step process for creating your viral Instagram ad.
All you need is Facebook Power Editor & Google Chrome.
- From Power Editor, create a New Campaign and go to “Create New: Instagram Ad”.
- In the objective box, scroll over: “Clicks to Website” and then click on, “Create ads for Instagram”.
- Next you’re going to “Create a new Instagram Ad set” and name your new set.
- Go back to your campaigns, and click on your new ad name.
Now we’re getting ready to launch!
Click on “set a limit.”I usually set my Daily Budget to $5 a day.
Next, edit your audience to meet your needs and scroll below to the new “placement” section. It looks like this:
Click on the new “Instagram” tab and make sure it reads exactly like the following options:
- Next, go to the “Destinations” and make sure you use the Instagram linked to your profile page (which should be the one you want to use!)
Make sure your Facebook page and Instagram page match your business account. This is ke
- From there, under “Create Ad” we’re going to type in our website URL:
Now you’ll scroll to the Photo Upload Box.It’s time to create your ad content.
If you haven’t already, check out my FREE download, which gives you 15 Facebook photo templates, proven and formulated to be highly effective.
- Upload & Crop your image, chose your call to action, and edit your text.
- Under tracking, follow the following protocols
Once you’ve set your conversion tracking pixels and hit upload, you’re good to go.
Give it a try. Depending on your target audience, you might find that it’s the best use of your marketing dollars right now. Be careful. I hear it’s addicting. =)